Sunday, October 17, 2010

It was bound to happen...

So I had an experience yesterday that I knew was going to happen eventually, but I still wish it was a little later in coming. Jaeden is such a chill kid, but he LOVES playing with his toys, especially his car, as you can see in this clip:




(p.s., I love his stiff-legged crawl that he does, ONLY when he's pushing his toy car... so funny!)

He also loves his slide, which we keep out on the porch.



So yesterday he was playing with his toys, when I picked him up to put him in his high chair, because it was dinner time. I started putting him in, and he immediately started whining, and tried to hold on to me so I couldn't put him down. I finally got him into his chair, he realized that he was in his chair, and he started to squirm and cry. It was then that he looked directly into my eyes, and with a loud clear voice, said "NO!".

(sigh)

It was bound to happen. I'm sure this isn't the last I've heard of his protestations (in fact, when i took paper from him today in church, he said "no, no, NO!!") He's a very smart kid, and thus a fast learner, in both good and bad ways!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Haha. Will and Lily just turned two and I have never been able to get the word "yes" out of either of their mouths. I have really tried. Good luck!