Sunday, September 13, 2009

Matt Won't Believe It!

Yes, I am blogging. Matt is off home teaching, and I am home alone with Jaeden happily asleep (finally!), so I thought I'd give the update for this week.


We had our first doctor visit in Pittsburgh for Jaeden on Friday. Matt and I made a wager on how much he would weigh, being almost 5 weeks old. He has filled out alot and now has the cute baby chubbiness. Matt guessed 10 pounds 1 ounce. I guessed 10 pounds 5 ounces... I was the winner! He weighed in at 10 pounds 6 ounces.

Erin, Brett, and Aerianna were our first visitors for Jaeden. They came over Labor Day Weekend, and Brett took some adorable pictures of our little boy.


Matt normally hates feet, but we both agree that Jaeden's feet are adorable!


Jaeden loves to put his arms under his chin, as shown here. He is also learning more motor control, which means he has a better chance of getting his fists to his mouth to suck on, but this also means that he thinks he is hungry a lot more often than he actually is.

Matt laughed at me during Sacrament Meeting today. We were both speaking, but realized that we still don't have Sunday morning timing down with a child. We left in a rush, and on the way found that we had forgotten the diaper bag. We walked up to the stand after the opening prayer. Of course, Jaeden wanted to be heard while Sacrament was being passed. With nothing else in tow, I surreptitiously shoved his fist into his mouth and held it there for him. He was quite happy at the prospect. Matt says he'll now blame any and all thumb sucking on this day where I so readily condoned it.

5 comments:

Emily Hamilton said...

These pictures are adorable!!! You have one cute kid!

The Shumards said...

What a cutie, those pictures are precious. Thumb sucking is actually not all that bad. All my kids have been thumb suckers and it is so convienient (they never lose it and it can't be forgotten). and yep it was easy for them to quit too, I do it age three-its called "Mavala Stop" works like a charm.

Sarah said...

What a cutie, great pictures!!

karen garner said...

what an adorable - precious picture of him - he has changed so much already - (and yes he has cute feet)

Cagney and Laci said...

He is so adorable!