Sunday, August 30, 2009

Best thing about being a dad...?





Total Indoctrination!

Uh.... I mean... sharing the simple pleasures of life with your son! Like:

Lord of the Rings (oh, yes, he's going to...)

Ice Cream (can we say Graeter's?)

Brandon Sanderson (sooo good)

Zelda (um... didn't you see the announcement? Of course he's going to play Zelda with me!)

Skiing (but not here)

Star Wars (Have any of you seen my sister Hilary's boys?)

Fillet Minion (Bacon wrapped of course)

Mandarin (Hello Grandma and Grandpa Memmott!!)

Laser Tag

Video Games


Okay... maybe your right... maybe he's too young for all of that stuff right now. So what? We'll just start small:



SUNDAY AFTERNOON NAPS!!!!!!! (apparently I got hijacked by Renee with the camera while sleeping today)




Thanks so much to everyone for the comments and congratulations. We are of course so happy, and so excited. It's odd, after waiting so long, it seems like a dream (a very good one) and we are so enjoying every minute of it. A friend of Renee's told us that she was trying to explain adoption to her 6 year old daughter, the little girl got a knowing look on her face and said “…So the mom put the baby in a basket and left it on their doorstep, rang the doorbell and ran away?” Ummm… almost! :) Really, though we are so grateful to Raquel and the wonderful gift that she has brought into our lives. We will forever be indebted to her! Jaeden is such a wonderful little guy, and very cute. He already is taking after his parents in important ways: He HATES the cold, just like Mom (and by cold we mean 73 degrees instead of 83 degrees.) and he LOVES to eat, just like dad. I don’t know if you can tell, but he is getting a little chunky (which we love.) He’s also claimed mommy and daddy's bed, and below you can see him getting comfortable lounging on mommy and daddy’s bed. (well, at least the air mattress we’re sleeping on until we get the house unpacked.)




















Other than that we’re loving being parents, and working like mad to get our new home painted, stocked, and comfortable. In the coming weeks I”ll have to do a before and after video for the house, so you can see WHY we’ve been so busy!

9 comments:

Andrea Ricks said...

Congratulations! We are so excited! You guys will make such great parents. Can't wait to hear all about your new little guy! What a little sweetheart! Can I come cuddle him?

Brett said...

Cuddling up is definitely the best thing about being a dad... I love that picture.

Can't wait to finally see the little guy!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Matt and Renee,
We are all so happy and excited for you. Loved the pictures of your little guy and hope you know we love you. We would love to see you,know you are invited to Ohio anytime...Thanksgiving? Enjoy this time.

Love,
Mark and Linda

Sarah said...

Ooooh yes, definitely do a "before" and "after" of the house. I'd love to see it!

Allison Hill said...

Hey guys! He is SO adorable and I love his name and the way you announced his arrival. That video was awesome! Keep posting lots of pics of him and I want to see the before and afters on your place too! Congrats you guys! We are so happy for you :)

Christine said...

Oh my goodness I just died over the photo of him with his elbows out and hands on his ears, with that belly sticking out! I just want to grab him up and cuddle him! It made me just have to grab LInk away from Brigham and snuggle him. What a cute little chunker you have there!

jennifer casady said...

Oh so cute! Love all the pictures & glad you are amused by Rachael like I am! Enjoy these moments!

Sarah said...

Ohh I just love little Jaeden and am so excited to meet him. Good luck with everything going on for you guys. Talk to you soon

karen garner said...

What a wonderful baby - he is beauuuuuuuuuuuuuuutiful and what a wonderful blog to be able to see him and read all about him. Brett and Erin were so lucky to get to see him last weekend.
Big Congratulations - can't even begin to tell you how happy we are for you