I had a terrifying experience last night. I came up with hundreds of excuses, and plenty of reasons why it was okay, but it wasn't. The day started out okay, with Renee going to the temple with rest of the stake primary presidency, and me staying home to clean the apartment. I gave her a valentines card when she got back, and we both went to eat at the Texas Roadhouse here in Boston. As an aside, this definately WASN'T the scary part... I don't know how many of you have been there, but good steakhouses in Boston are a rarity. Good steakhouses in Boston that are less than $30 per plate are an impossibility. Texas Roadhouse was both! What a great Valentines Day Dinner! Renee is a good sport to let me take her to a rowdy steak house for her Valentine's dinner. I'll have to do the romantic candlelight thing for her birthday next month.
No, the scary part comes later. Renee really wanted to go to the movie "Confessions of a Shopaholic". I decided that it would be a good valentines movie, so we went after dinner. And you know what? I liked it. I tried to claim that it was because I was with my beautiful wife, or that it was good to get out after being sick for the last 3 weekends, but I just liked it. In fact, I REALLY liked it. This is a CHICK FLICK about fashion, feminine magazines, and girls in new york... and I LIKED IT! I know, I'm scared too. Is this what happens to every married guy? Hmmm....
11 comments:
Sorry, bro...I think it's time to hand it over! :) I don't think it's so much that you liked the show as much as it is you admitting that you liked the show on the world wide web! No, really, I'm just giving you a hard time. Glad you guys had a nice Valentine's Day.
Um, no. That's not what happens to every guy when they get married.
We (the real men of the world) require that you return your man card immediately... not at your earliest convenience and not tomorrow after you've have breakfast... immediately.
I'm almost embarrassed to know you.
:)
Sweet! Would you tell Eric he needs to go see "He's Just Not That Into You" with me? Tell him there is hope that he may like it!
Sarah
That is hillarious Matt and I love Brett's comment. I keep hearing how good that movie is. I'll have to go and see it, however I know for a fact my hubby will not be going with me. :)
LOL. I think it looks like a really cute movie ... however, Brett is demanding your man card back, so maybe you should give it to him. He can be very scary, you know.
This is too funny! I love this post. I have to go see this movie. :)
Matt, you're HILARIOUS! James and I just laughed really hard about this. We're going to have to try that steakhouse, too...
P.S.) James would like to call a council of the Manhood Committee to recall and revoke your man card.
P.P.S.) 13 Going on 30 (the edited version)--James had a permagrin through the whole thing. Good to man up with your honesty!
You definitely lose your man card. I've been married almost 18 years and I still have mine. Somewhere. I think. I haven't seen it for 17 years, but I know I still have it.
I dragged my husband to it the other day, and he secretly loved it too. There were parts that he was doubled over laughing... so my vote is, you're fine. But then, I'm not a guy so I really have no say in the matter.
Post a Comment