The estimate for a fix was around $1500 minimum, and that wasn't something we could pay. After our initial frustration, we decided it was for the best: this economy is NOT a time for a trucker to loose his job because he totaled private car (yes, sad as it is, our car would have been totaled at that price). We would be out some money this way, but that poor guy would be out of a job, possibly for a LONG time. Also, our car is only $1000 blue book, and there's no way we could have found a new car. So Heavenly Father really was looking out for us.
Turns out I got to practice my car mechanic skills. Renee found a new back door at a junkyard that matched for $157, and Thursday afternoon I went up to her parents place and I put the door back on with some help from the brother-in-law. Now, true, it doesn't look like a new car, and we had to miss our trip to Missouri because of this (sorry Josh and Kyra, but we WILL be coming later), but shoot, I'm pretty dang proud of my body work! Doesn't this look better?
I'm in the wrong line of business... who needs to build nuke plants when I can fix fiberglass siding, eh?
4 comments:
Oh man, that's awful! Glad it all worked out okay though. Nice job on your body work there.
You did that Matthew? I am in shock. I never knew that car body repair was one of your talents. Good work. I guess if I can brag about my dragon cake, you can brag about fixing your car. It looks pretty good.
PS I saw Kimi and you didn't. Na na na na na!
We are so glad you are alright!! Sheesh! Gotta say that you do have some natural talent with fixing the car. A natural mechanic! Looks good!
Gah! Yep, that looks nastier than what I was imagining. Good thing fixing fiberglass siding is among your many talents... though we were sad not to see you. Hopefully you can come in May... unless a meteorite hits your car... ;)
Post a Comment