Wow. Apparently being finished with a PhD doesn't insure large amounts of free time! We drove out to visit family in UT, thinking to stay and relax for a month or two. Oops. Turns out that we got a call from Westinghouse saying I had the job. Yay! So to Pittsburgh we will go (yeah, I know, I know; we've heard it all before... "who wants to live in Pittsburgh!" But it really is beautiful there...) then, a couple days later, we got an even better phone call... We've been selected by a birth mom! Yay. Now, this doesn't mean anything's final, because birth mom's change their minds all the time (we've already experienced such changes in our searching) but it's worth being excited over for now. Unfortunately, this means that severe complications were in store: we are moving! Because of the complications of moving 3 states west, we had to get a home, get a home study, re-fill out paper work, and get a FBI background check, all before the end of july. So, accross the country we trecked, back to Pittsburg to find a house. Thank goodness, after looking at 21 houses on Thursday, we found the perfect house for us. It's not huge, but it's affordable, it's got central air (halelujah!!!), and its close to my job. In fact, included below is a video tour of the home. My appologies for the shakiness of the video... those you prone to motion sickness will be cursing my name, but I've never done this before, so I didn't realize how bad it was. Enjoy!
As for now, we're down in Naples Florida, where the birth-mom's mom lives, and tomorrow we're heading up to visit the birth mom in Alabama (she's living with her aunt and uncle for the summer; since the due date is August 22nd, she'll be ready for school in the fall). We're pretty nervous, but we know God is at the helm, and thus if this is right, then everything will work out no matter how dorky, out of shape, or lame we act.
10 comments:
Congrats! (on everything)
My grandpa worked as an engineer for Westinghouse so they were in Pittsburgh for a while. Small world! :)
HOORAY!!! We are sooo happy for the both of you! Congrats on a job, house and baby! Jackpot!! Good luck with everything! We'll be thinking about you.
This is great! Life continues to evolve quickly, doesn't it? We'll miss you, of course. Shall I now call you Dr. Westinghouse?
jackjoe
That's awesome!! When do you move in? SO GREAT! Can't wait to hear more.
Congrats on everything!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!! And hoping you can come see us in July, now that you're (sort of) settled.
Good luck!!!! They will all love you... come on who doesn't love the Memmotts
What great news! Congrats on the job, the house & of course the baby that's (hopefully) on the way. I hope it works out for you the way it should. And once you get kids in that house, the carpet in the dining room will definately have to go!
Congrats on everything--we're super glad you found a house you both love, and I'm sure you got a stupendous deal. We're only sad you couldn't come visit us. Maybe one day we can make our way to Pittsburgh...
What a fun home! The video was great and kept me laughing Matt! I loved the carpet--it reminds me of my parents; avocado green fridge. However, I must admit I was surprised you didn't mention the complete lack of tilt in the kitchen floor.... In any case, we're cheering for you!
The house looks great, we can't wait to come visit. The video made me laugh, when you mentioned the central air I thought "It would have been funny if he'd pulled the Zelda 'do-do-do-do!' with the A/C...", and then you used it with the dishwasher.
From one extreme dork to another, congrats!!!
Post a Comment