Friday, October 31, 2008

Nightmare on Elm Street

I have to say that our neighbors really take the Halloween spirit to heart. They decorate their houses and get all dressed up to hand out candy to the kids. I must admit that before Halloween last year, I really did have some prejudices about inner city living. There is something about growing up in suburbia and hearing about inner city crime that always made me feel a little bit like a stranger in the city. However, that all changed Halloween night.

I really got to know my neighbors as we hung around on our doorsteps waiting for the trick-or-treaters. Matt and I got 3 of the regular size candy bags, and we ran out in the first half hour! The lady across the street gave me a bunch to hand out when my pumpkin was empty. The man next door has been dressing up as Werewolf Man for eighteen years, and he has parents who used to come trick-or-treat our street bringing their kids to see the Werewolf Man now.


Halloween and Snow Storms have become my favorite holidays because our street turns into a party. I took pictures this year of some of the houses all decked out.

3 comments:

Tania said...

That's awesome! Glad you had such a great inner-city halloween!

Love ya!

Sarah said...

Wow!! That's going all out!! I'm so impressed. How fun!

Unknown said...

I've always kindof wondered what halloween is like in the Big Cities. Those are some awesome decorations. FUN!