Sunday, September 28, 2008

Late Night + Sugar + weird name =





So again, it's been quite some time since I've blogged. This time it was NOT due to lack of comments, however. We've had all kinds of things to talk about. This is more of a business issue. I've been spending almost all my free time looking into web design so that Renee and I can build a website for adoption. We were "approved" for adoption a couple of weeks ago, which of course made us very happy! However, even though we were approved, they don't have any of our stuff written up, so our profile is STILL not online. (Don't ask us why we're approved but without a profile...) So we've basically decided to make up our own. The link to the side will take you to our site, but it still doesn't do justice to what we're envisioning. Give us one more week and the final site will be up. Also, please pass the word along! If you know anyone who's considering adoption, please send them our way. In fact, we have little business cards that we'll be using, and if you want some to pass around, just let us know!
We had some fun this last week playing games with our friends, the Jacksons. I actually knew Joe Jackson back at BYU. We took engineering math together, and he and his wife Jen adopted a little boy in Utah about 2.5 years ago. Well, we went to go play some games and to have a family home evening with him last Monday. Keep in mind that this is the first time we really spent any quality time with their son Ian, since the previous outings were past his bedtime. Renee gave a fun lesson, and we sang a couple of songs, and then had s'mores over candles for the treat. Joe and Jen were a little worried that he'd be buzzed from the sugar this close to his bedtime, but nevertheless consented to his mass ingestion of marshmellows and chocolate.
At this point, Ian was sent to bed, while we stayed up to play games with Joe and Jen. Being the sneaky and loving parents that they are, they had been listening to Ian when he went to bed using an old baby monitor, since he tended to sing himself to sleep. So, we decided to listen to his entertainment while we played games. Now, I'm not sure if I should be annoyed, flattered, or worried, but for about 90 minutes, this is the gist of what we heard:
"memmotts, memmott, memmott... One Memmott, Two Memmotts.... Memmotts Memmotts Memmotss..
"I love to see the temple...." Memmotts... Matt Memmott and... uh... the other Memmott... Memmotts Memmotts Memmotts!"
Over and over and over again. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life. So is this normal? Do your children really do this? Is this an odd product of sugar, late nights, and weird names? Just thought this was really funny.
So in order to avoid boring you, I'm not going to talk much more, but seriously, visit our adoption site over the next week, check it out, and let us know if you have any recommendations or changes. Most importantly, let us know if you know anyone who's considering adoption!

6 comments:

Jen and Joe. said...

I think it was equal parts sugar, personality, and good company.

=)

Sarah said...

YEA! You updated your blog! I'll check out your adoption site for sure!

Tania said...

I LOVE your new adoption site. If you want more feedback than that, let me know.

P.S. I miss you both again already! Thanks for an awesome weekend. Much love!

Heather Taylor said...

I checked out your new adoption blog. It is beautiful and very tastefully done. Great job. I'm sorry things have it another road block. Send me some business cards because I always like to think I can be a part of this exciting stuff, too.

Allison Hill said...

Hey guys! This is Allison (matt's cousin) Just thought I'd drop by and say hi. I love you adoption site. I thought it was very tastefully done too and send me a few cards too. You never know who you run into and I would love to help if I can! Sounds like you guys are doing well. We missed ya at the reunion! Take care!:)

karen garner said...

adorable blog - glad I went on & caught up on your life - MISS YOU SO SO MUCH
Your adoption web site is awesome and amazing - what a great job you did - so professional - I'll keep my ears and heart open if I hear of any adoption needs.